Nsort has a full set of features to meet your sorting needs. Nsort can do the following:
- Sort large data sets quickly.
- Merge already-sorted input files.
- Use multiple processors and disks in parallel.
- Read sort input from multiple input files.
- Access large files with 64-bit file offsets.
- Handle a variety of record types:
- delimited (lines of text)
- Handle a variety of key types:
- decimal character
- binary integer
- IEEE floating point
- Sort records and keys up to 64 Kbytes wide.
- Sort on an unlimited number of ascending or descending keys.
- Delete duplicate-keyed records.
- Add, drop, and reorder the fields in the sort records.
- Include or omit records conditionally.
- Subtotal fields by key value.
- Produce multiple output files, each with its own selection criteria.
- Unix sort program-type key specifications for records with delimited fields.
- HP-UX 11 or higher for HP platforms
- Red Hat Advanced Server for x86 or x64 platforms
- Solaris 2.6 or higher for SPARC platforms
- Windows 2000 or higher for x86 platforms
- Windows 2003 or higher for x64 platforms
Please see our
for more detailed information on Nsort's features.